Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Little Mountain Pro AM Waterski Tournament!

Little Mountain Pro AM Waterski Tournament! 2 years, 6 months ago #1093

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
With the Masters going on this weekend, I am sure everyone is excited about skiing like I am. Check out this tournament this link takes you to.
Little Mountain Pro AM Waterski Tournament!

All the people there are so nice and are focused on making everyone’s experience great.

Nate Smith and I both broke our division records there last spring and Jeff Rogers broke one there in the fall.

If anyone knows of other records at that site, please post them.

Re: Little Mountain Pro AM Waterski Tournament! 2 years, 5 months ago #1136

• BudDavis
Do not forget, it is this upcoming weekend.

Re: Little Mountain Pro AM Waterski Tournament! 2 years, 5 months ago #1138

Awesome place for skiing. A record could fall. Wish I could go but have to work. Definitely will miss it.

Re: Little Mountain Pro AM Waterski Tournament! 2 years, 5 months ago #1178

• BudDavis
From the Nice people at Little Mountian Lake:

There’s a philosophy behind the skiing at Little Mountain Lake in Maiden, N.C. The idea is to open the water to every level of tournament skier – and to give those making their first tournament appearance the opportunity to mingle at the starting dock with those who drive world slalom records to ridiculous buoy counts. They get to soak up knowledge as they see how the pros prepare.
The Little Mountain Pro-Am is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, with father and son national champions Ed and Clay Neill opening their property to skiers from five countries and all skill levels.
In only three tournaments over two seasons, Little Mountain Lake and its club members have established a reputation that has skiers stacked on waiting lists to get on the running order. Two records were set on the lake in September 2011: Nate Smith with one buoy at 43 off for the Men I U.S. record, and Jeff Rodgers with 4 1/4 at 41 off for the 34-mph men’s world record.
Smith has run 41 off four times at Little Mountain and is looking for company at 43 off when he returns this weekend as the freshly crowned Masters champion.
Joining him at Little Mountain will be world record holder Chris Parrish, Malibu Open champion Chris Rossi, Big Dawg champion Mike Morgan, national champions Scott Tynan (USA), Thomas Moore (Canada), Boris Laval (France) and Johan Efverstrom (Sweden), Moomba Masters champion Karen Truelove Krueger and Sweden national record holder Hanna Edeback.
Behind the efforts of tournament directors Jeff Gilbert and John Brooks, the club has lined up sponsors who are trying to introduce an area with diverse water sports interests to the fun and excitement of tournament skiing.
Lawn chairs and picnic baskets are welcome! The public is welcome and there’s no admission fee.
For GPS directions, use 5250 S. N.C. 16, Maiden, N.C. 28650. The lake three-quarters of a mile off the highway.
For more information, email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .

Re: Little Mountain Pro AM Waterski Tournament! 2 years, 5 months ago #1245

Anyone go to Little Mountain ? Any results ? All I heard was Nate ran 41 and got 1@43.

Re: Little Mountain Pro AM Waterski Tournament! 2 years, 5 months ago #1253

• BudDavis
I would like to say thank you to the fantastic people at Little Mountain for doing a great job putting on this tournament and everyone that worked and helped make it happen.

Also, congratulations to all the skiers that upped their PBs.

This was emailed to me.

Hey Bud. Im traveling this morning. Marjo is doing a full article.

We broke the 34 mph world record Jeff Rodgers ran 4.5@41 on Sunday.

Nate ran 41 again with .5@43. I was driving that one. What fun. Thats number 6 at little mountain

Parrish ran 3.5@41

Lots of pb's for the weekend

Chelsea ran her pb with 4.5@35

Mike Robinson had pb with 2@41 i think [edit update 1.5 was actual]

Re: Little Mountain Pro AM Waterski Tournament! 2 years, 5 months ago #1346

• BudDavis
Little Mountain Lake draws pros to North Carolina

MAIDEN, N.C. One national record fell and several career-best performances went in the scorebook at the Little Mountain Pro-Am slalom ski tournament near Hickory, N.C., during the weekend.
Jeff Rodgers of Greenwood, S.C., a former world record holder in open men's slalom, broke his own national record for Masters Men with a run of 4 1/2 at 41 off Sunday. He boosted the record by a quarter buoy from his previous mark.
Eleven pros and numerous nationally ranked amateurs were among 45 skiers for the four-round, two-day event.
Nate Smith had the best round of the weekend, with a half-buoy at 43 off Saturday. His other rounds were 6 at 39 1/2, 2 1/2 at 41 and 1/2 at 41.
Chris Parrish had the best four-round scores, running 2.5 and 3 at 41 off Saturday and 3.5 at 41 off in both rounds Sunday.
Johan Efverstrom of Sweden (and Jack Travers ski school) had a personal best of 2 at 41, and his brother Daniel had a PB with 4 1/2 at 39 1/2.
Mike Morgan skied open men and had a best round of 3 at 39 1/2.
Austin Abel tied is PB with 1 1/2 at 41. Boris Laval’s best round was a half buoy at 41, and Thomas Moore’s best was 4 at 39 1/2. Corey Humburg had rounds of 4 1/2, 3, 3 1/2 and 4 at 39 1/2.
Along with Rodgers in Masters Men, Mike Robinson of Charleston, S.C., had a PB with 1 1/2 at 41.
Karen Truelove had to top women’s score with 3 at 39 1/2.
Little Mountain Lake is an Ed Neill creation, one of six ski lakes he and son Clay have built in North Carolina and Florida. Tournament directors Jeff Gilbert and John Brooks plan to continue to expand the event and hope to make it a cash-prize stop for the pros. – By Marjo Rankin
IMG_4094.jpg

IMG_4165.jpg

IMG_4439.jpg

photo3.JPG

photo5.JPG

photo1.JPG

photo2.JPG

photo.JPG
The following user(s) said Thank You: AB, Robert Marking
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.96 seconds
Free business joomla templates